Ana A7ubuh (I'm Loving it)
Acrylic on Canvas, 100 x 200 cm
Marwan Chamaa is a painter, designer, and storyteller. His Middle Eastern Neo Pop-Art art is a mélange of fiction, reality, and vanity. Chamaa’s art spans over three decades of thematic interpretations of the world around him. It is fundamentally his view of the world as he sees it with an ironic and sometimes sarcastic undertone.
Born in Beirut - Lebanon, raised in Munich - Germany, and having lived in the USA for more than a decade, exposed him to different cultures and formed him into the eclectic versatile artist he is today, viewing the world and interpreting it through diverse mediums.
Marwan Chamaa’s art journey began in the mid eighties at the American University of Beirut and two years later at the Beirut University College (now known as the Lebanese American University) where he enrolled in the fine arts and graphic design department. In the late 80s he was enrolled in the Corcoran School of Art in Washington DC, where he focused on fine arts and computer art, which at the time was just in its infant stages.
During college Marwan focused on creating art for the sake of creating art and experimented with a select group of artists on different types of media and techniques. In the 80s Marwan Chamaa’s art was a collection of impressionistic interpretations of his surroundings including collages, a collection of which was shown in 1991 as a duo exhibit, and a few months later as a solo exhibition.
His background in graphic design/ fine arts and interest in the consumer world led him in the late eighties to co-found with two college mates Art Factory, a graphic design production house that served as a vehicle for launching creative ideas in the advertising world.
|DOWNLOAD ARTIST BIOGRAPHY|
• L'Association Libano-Allemande pour la Promotion de la Culture, Kaslik, Lebanon, January 1991
• Le Thé Art Café, Beirut, Lebanon, May 1991
• Galerie T anit, Beirut, Lebanon, May 2013
• Beirut Art Fair, Beirut, Lebanon, September 2013
• Bel-Air Fine Art Gallery, Geneva, Switzerland December 2013
• Bel-Air Fine Art Gallery Gstaad, Switzerland, December 2013
• Bel-Air Fine Art Gallery, St. Tropez, France, April 2014
• Galerie Des Lices, St. Tropez, France, May 2014
• Beirut Art Fair, Beirut, Lebanon, September 2014
• Opera Gallery, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, February 2016
• Bel-Air Fine Art Gallery, Geneva, Switzerland February 2015
• Paddle 8, New York City, USA, May 2015
• Beirut Art Fair, Beirut, Lebanon, September 2015
• Vick Vanilian Architecture & Design, Beirut, Lebanon, November 2015
• Opera Gallery, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, April 2016
• Tawlet, Beirut, Lebanon, June 2016